Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I am finding new and interesting ways to get lost here in Silicon Valley. I've lived in the Bay Area for almost twelve years and have gotten to know SF and the East Bay pretty well. Now the South Bay is the next stop in that rotation. I've printed out maps in anticipation of moving to Santa Clara, hoping I can find a good bike route to my job here in San Jose. It would be a 6.6 mile ride and I could use the exercise. Right now I am commuting from Oakland to San Jose. Worst. Commute. Ever. But it's okay, because I am working, and I am grateful for that.

I'm settling into the job nicely this week. Without my predecessor looking over my shoulder, I feel like I can begin to put my own stamp on things here and stretch out in my own communication style. I'm just taking the issues one at a time, as they come. Tomorrow I have lunch with our head of sales and later that evening the CEO is hosting a barbecue. I am approaching week two of my new life. So far, so good.

I am with the Rude Pundit in hoping that the protesters in Ny don't play into the hands of the GOP. No puke-in's for peace, please?

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...