Thursday, November 18, 2004

As Dylan said in his recent "Chronicles" : "The twenty four hour news cycle would have been my own personal hell" (or something like that, I am paraphrasing because I can't find the quote now), I have to concur. The curtains are drawn and the lights are still low. I'm working from home for perhaps my last day. I've been trying to find other things to do during that time. One is working on my band memoir, which I've almost completed. But I need time for the near-end events to gestate a little bit. I have the ending, just not the near ending. Then I will revise it, and hopefully in two to four years it will be worthy to show someone, ha ha.

Getting back to the 24 hour news cycle, here is the latest flap in sports. Wanna know my first reaction when I saw it? It was far from being offended, like so many of the folks out in Jesusland seem to be. I thought it was fucking cheesy.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...