Friday, January 20, 2006

Well, the week has been full of ups and downs. Earlier in the week, I've come to learn that the new sales person my company hired, the sales person that's going to save the company from being wiped off the face of the earth, doesn't even know how to operate the basic functions of a cellphone, much less how to utilize the products we sell for them. And he's going to sell our products and try to restore our damaged relationship with the carriers, who are now wary of doing business with us because our CEO has the listening skills of a donkey?

But then my spirits lifted today after conducting a phone interview for a new company that pursued me after reading a resume I posted on craigslist. And though it would be a commute up to SF, thus negating any benefit of the move I made down to Santa Clara, after suffering from a crap commute to the company down here from up in Oakland for long about a year and a half. But life doesn't always work out as cleanly as you want it to.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...