Thursday, January 05, 2006

I forgot who I talked to about the potential replacement for Sherman, but it was a while ago. I think it was either my friend Jason's dad, or Jason himelf, quoting his dad, who seemed to think that Thompson had decided round about the beginning of this season that Jim Bates would eventually replace Sherman for the head coaching job. Sounds plausible, and certainly a better move than bringing in Wade Phillips, who's had his day in the sun. He's had four chances and has proven he is, like Norv Turner out here, a coordinator but not the leader of men. There is nothing wrong with that, and it's something I can identify with. Bates is unproven. But so long as we can land a first rate o-coordinator (Mooch? Heh.), then we'll be okay.

Looks like Childress is going to the Vikes and I'll bet Singletary ends up in Detroit. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...