Wednesday, December 07, 2005

With the football season written off and the work day slow, I'm a bit bored these days, fumbling around the internet with nary a purpose. I've been reading a book my mom gave me, "Evening in the Palace of Reason," which is based on a meeting between J.S. Bach and Frederick the Great of Prussia, and is a loose history of that time frame, of the 30 years war and the reformation, among other things. It gets a bit dry when the subject of counterpoint is discussed in detail, but I've always been a sucker for a good bit of historial writing from a different angle. I'm still playing catch-up in the education dept. in many ways. How do you explain someone who barely read fiction as a child and then goes on to get an English and Political Science degree, when his real goal was a career in music? I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. But I'm glad I'm here, aimless boredom notwithstanding.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...