Thursday, January 13, 2005

First was the code, next I've been taking stock of what I've been putting in. Lots of repetitive stuff. I've talked about the book, about the company situation, about the limbo in the housing department, about feeling disengaged from politics and dejected since the election, about too much beer, inactivity, sulking, quasi-depression...numerous times, seemingly in a row. Why am I logging on and doing this, exactly? Right, exorcism. Writing is exorcism. Say it fifteen times...

One thing I haven't talked about is the ringtone of a quote by Dick Cheney I've downloaded to my Kyocera KX2 phone, which is triggered whenever I get a call from someone who's not in my phonebook (customers, in other words):

"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. And he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us."

Today, the reports, slyly tucked deep under the headlines, is that it's official: There are no weapons of mass destruction. I looked here, here and here. Nothing. But I heard it here and even here! What up? And what was that about feeling disengaged again? Fuck it, I'm back...thanks to the kind folks at Modtones.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...