Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bored with the layout of my site, I decided to change a few of the colors, but it's still a little blah. One of these days I'll get better at the aesthetics of design. In the mean time, it is what it is.

I imagine I'll be learning a thing or two about networks and servers in the coming months, as well as accounting. Well, hopefully the latter part won't be one of my main duties, as I could do without it. But think of all the things I'll be able to put on my resume.

K & I have not quite entered into our resolution phase yet with respect to curbing heavy foods, inactivity, excessive drinking and the like, but the plan's in place. The move to Santa Clara has been in perpetual limbo due to issues with permits, blueprints and god knows what else. So the two of us continue to maintain our present course, adrift. There do not seem to be any rocky shores in the vicinity, so we're lucky there.

I have an abundance of books to read, piled up as gifts from the holidays. The first was Brett Favre in his own words, an easy read that I finished on Christmas day. I have a book that surveys ancient Greek and Roman Historians, a book on string theory called The Elegant Universe, one called Doubt, which seems to be a humorous take on how human history was shaped by doubters like Aristotle, Jefferson, Emily Dickinson, etc. That's for starters.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...