Sunday, February 15, 2009

Since my last post, we found a house we liked, put in an offer, got a counter offer, we countered again and they accepted. I'm not going to jinx it just yet, but it looks like we'll be homeowners in the Bay Area by April. Inspections are next, as well as finalizing the loan process we've been preapproved for. There are some hurdles to go before we can say for sure, but I do believe I hear the fat lady warming up in the dressing room!

Back to politics. Frank Rich has it just about right. The only folks who still believe the GOP is relevant at this point in time (besides the increasingly racist right wing wackadoos who thought it would be a good idea for Palin to be a breath away from the White House)...is the still-wired-for-the-dubya-era beltway press. I think I'm going to begin purging my bookmark list of the likes of Politico, WaPo, etc. Name another President who's passed such a large piece of legislation so soon after inauguration day. It is going to take time for the Neo-Hooverites to go home.

1 comment:

Dongoose said...

Where's the house?!

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...