Wednesday, April 18, 2007

After thinking about things a little more, I want to be sure I'm not giving out the impression that I have any sympathy whatsoever for the killer at Virginia Tech, because I don't. The more I read about him the more I wish someone could have been given the opportunity to kill him before he could kill anybody. That's my gut feeling, raw as it is. I can only hope that, without becoming super paranoid, that we can be more aware of warning signs and learn from this tragedy the way we should have after Columbine. Hindsight is indeed 20/20 (just ask the President of VT). I think partly most Americans (aside from those familiar with Asian gangs in SF or something) didn't think of quiet Asian kids as a threat to shoot 30+ people dead, execution style. I hope now people (self included) will be more wary and look beyond the usual assumptions. It's not just middle aged, white males who can do this.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...