Thursday, November 17, 2005

I was wondering when someone would write an article about customer rudeness and how it's handled in the outsourced call centers.

It's interesting that the escalation process routes these customers to second tier centers back in the United States. Which begs the question, does this represent a hidden cost? And if so, is the savings by outsourcing significant enough to outweigh those costs? And if not, what about company perception?

I've spent far too long in a CS envionment, and I can tell you that there's a significant number of customers who know how to work the system. They bitch and escalate, and most companies give them what they want. If customers are polite, they get no freebies. Kind of a fucked up system, eh? If I were to run a company, I'd run it exactly the opposite. Fuck churn. Go ahead and cancel. We do not reward assholes. I believe that's how Southwest does it, but I could be wrong.

No comments:

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...