Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I should add this about Edwards: two people whose opinions I trust in other, non political matters are both most impressed with Edwards. One is a fairly independent minded uncle of my wife's who owns his own successful ISP and has a libertarian wing, GOP streak, supported McCain in the past and says he likes Edwards the best. Same for my wife, and she's said that fairly early on when watching the debates. Neither are particularly obsessed politically and I view that as an asset, because it gives me a sense about who's electable to potential "swing" voters. Both people are good judges of character and are not ideological in any way. Well, at least as much as I could be accused of being at times. So long as Edwards can withstand higher scrutiny should he rise to the top, he's got a fair shot I think. I'm still uneasy about Kerry. Something gives me a bad feeling about him, but I can't quite put a finger on it. I keep hearing "Dukakis" in the back of my head.

1 comment:

swanwilliam said...

Well I really shit the bed on this one, didn't I?

How It’s Going, in three Haikus

What I miss these days is a lightness of being Things now seem heavy — jumping from crisis to crisis, duties to cross off on some checklist ...